Friday, March 03, 2006

Torpids: Day Three

Subtitle: Hot Dog!

Well, not the best day for us. We got bumped by St. Edmund's Hall (aka Teddy Hall or just "Hall") and weren't able to catch Merton to get our own bump. Tomorrow is the last day of the contest, so we're just going to come out of the blocks like madwomen with oars in hand and have fun!

Feeling a bit down earlier, I wandered to Marks and Spencer's Food Hall because it always makes me feel better to buy overpriced produce and pre-cooked meals. With pad thai in hand, it occurred to me just what I needed in that very moment. A hot dog! Low and behold, Marks and Sparks has "frankfurters" and nice buns. The only fly in the ointment was the absence of good old banal American yellow mustard. Dijon it was, I'm flexible.

And, I watched "Anchorman" for the first time.

"Grandmother's Spatula!"